Saturday, July 21, 2012

'round Ft. Worth

Heading North from Cleburne on 171 I stopped for lunch at Del Norte Tacos in Godley. The place was pretty awesome, both from a food and atmosphere standpoint. Its only about 30 miles outside of Fort Worth too, so if I'm ever in that part of the world again I'll try to drop by and get more delicious bbq.


The country really opened up a lot around this point, and for the first time on the trip I really felt like I was in alien territory. I suppose it was probably spillover from the nearby cities, but the amount of wealth on display in the form of huge, ornate gates, fences, statues, ranch houses and trucks was kind of disorienting when compared with the relatively impoverished rural regions I had been riding through.

I need a panoramic camera
The natives in these parts like their lawn ornaments large

I'm sure plenty of people want pictures of the culvert I slept in that night, so here it is.

I guess you could call it a low point in the trip
After culvert night, I rode up through the LBJ National grasslands, which proved to be such a waste of time that I didn't even get any pictures, and on through Bowie where I think I ate at a Subway before moving on. I enjoyed a lovely tailwind heading north on 81, and camped beside a train trestle a few miles from the Red River.


No comments:

Post a Comment