Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ranging out from Waco

So, it turns out that internet is hard to find in rural Texas and Oklahoma. Who would have thought it? I've got a lot of catching up to do, so I'll try to break things up into a couple of posts.

After leaving Mexia, I rode on to Waco where I obtained a replacement tire at Outdoor Waco. Most of Waco that I saw was a little on the run down and scruffy side, but the downtown section on the river was pretty nice- a number of little shops and green spaces gave it a good feel. The people were super nice as well- everyone in Outdoor Waco was friendly and I ended up hanging around and chatting for a while with Trinity, the shop manager for a while after I got my tire changed.

I'm glad this place exists
This is one of the nicest footbridges I've ever seen
Someone really doesn't like Planned Parenthood. Surprise surprise


I didn't get very far outside of Waco before stopping for the evening- I was tired and didn't know when I'd find the next decent place to camp, so I jumped at the opportunity to camp in a little creek bottom a few miles north of town.


The next day I continued on through small towns and backroads.
This place is the one stop for everything in Flynn
A day or so north of Waco, the country really began to open up
I had some difficulty finding campsites from this point on, but I lucked out two days out from Waco and found a really nice campsite on some floodplain outside of Cleburne.

This picture really doesn't do the campsite justice- it was super nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment