Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Longbike Begins


The longbike has begun! I departed home at approximately 10 AM this morning after several days of prepping, moving out, and packing up supplies. I haven’t yet weighed rig, but I’m reasonably certain that it is on the far side of 85 lbs loaded down with water. It is reasonably sleek and handles well though, and it barrels down hills with the quickness. Too bad the entire trip isn’t downhill…
Anyway, here are a few pictures to start things out. 

Fully loaded and ready to go


Obligatory pose-with-bike photo

I doesn't take too much imagination to figure out what was going on here!
I'll be seeing this view a lot in the coming months


It took roughly two hours to make it back into Pensacola. I dropped by the recently-vacated house on utopia, took a two-hour nap while waiting for my mom to make it into town for the day, and then went to a late lunch at Tu-do.  After I finish posting this I’m heading downtown, visiting with my grandmom, meeting with some people for dinner, and making my way over to my grandmom’s old house on the west side of Pensacola, where I’ll spend the night prior to riding to Bear Point. 

I'll be posting via text message from my phone at least once per day from this point on, and will be making longer posts whenever I can find internet, power and a comfy place to sit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment