Friday, March 23, 2012

Birth of a Tourer

My Aurora is assembled! Truly Spokin finally got the fork I needed in from QBP (a Civia Bryant disc road fork) on Tuesday, but it was Thursday before I got my hands on it thanks to a misunderstanding regarding the store location at which I wished to pick it up. Regardless, I owe a big thank you to Mark for cutting me a deal on the wheel set, fork and BB7's for this bike.
 




The assembly went quickly once I got the fork installed- all I had to do was install brake and shifter cables, adjust brakes, and tune the shifters.


After riding it around school for a half hour or so, I've concluded that the steering is a lot heavier than my old Aurora. I'm pretty sure that the geometry of the frame is the same, so this is probably due to the new fork and the fact that I'm currently running 35's instead of 28 width tires. I'll probably install some new 32's right before I leave on my trip.

Isn't it pretty and sleek looking? ...  Just wait til I ruin those lines with some bulky, overbuilt home-made racks!


No comments:

Post a Comment