Friday, August 10, 2012

Buckhorn Gardens going-ons (abbreviated)

Well, I'm at the end of a busy week at Buckhorn Gardens. I've mowed, and I've harvested, and I've cleaned veggies pretty much all day every day. In addition, Farm Camp was this week, so I got to help out with a passel of rambunctious 7-10 year-olds. Today we made ice cream and mulched rows with hay, and I introduced the kids to the fun of making hay forts and tunnels!

I'm currently exhausted, filthy, itchy, and thoroughly enjoying myself. I'd post pictures, but my camera cable is currently a couple of miles away, so those will have to wait for another post.

Looking forward to the weekend, during which I intend to sleep, sleep some more, cook, clean my stuff, and possibly (but only possibly) climb Buckhorn Mountain and Storm King back behind the ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment